Selling property involves more than simply selling bricks, beams and a roof. You are also selling a neighbourhood and a lifestyle. Your potential clients have questions about the area and they want to join forces with an area specialist. A strong online presence and a good content marketing plan will help to establish you as such.
For content marketing to work, a well designed, SEO-friendly website is a must. People need to be able to find you and access your content with ease. You also need to register on popular social media platforms to share your content with a bigger audience and drive traffic to your website. To establish yourself as an area specialist, you need to provide your website visitors and social media followers with loads of unique content about the area.
1) Website content
Your website is a great starting point. There are various sections that you can utilize to illustrate your extensive knowledge of your area to potential clients. Area profiles, listings and news articles are ideal for this purpose.
Area profiles are not only great for SEO, they also give you an opportunity to go into great detail about your area. Here are some tips to fully utilize them.
★ Be original
Creating original content might seem daunting, but nobody knows the area as well as you do. Use your knowledge to create original content that will benefit your audience. You don't have to be a professional writer to add value - just pretend that you are talking to a friend when you write. Original content will ensure a positive reaction from potential clients and will aid SEO. (Make sure to use relevant keywords).
★ Convert your knowledge into copy
Not all small businesses (such as coffee shops or nurseries) have an online presence. Without actually living or working in the area, there is no way for your potential clients to know about these hidden gems. Add information about these businesses to your area profile and provide your potential clients with information that they cannot find anywhere else.
★ Be useful
Don't be afraid to link out to other websites. If you are covering attractions in your area, check to see if they have a website. This makes your website more useful to your website visitors. It allows them to have all the information they require at their fingertips without having to leave your website.
* Always remember to set the hyperlink to open up in a new tab to ensure that your website visitors stay on your website.
★ Be thorough
Include as much relevant information as possible. Compose a checklist of what you deem important to cover in the area profile. Put yourself in the shoes of someone who has never been to your area - what would you like to learn more about? Cover a brief history, schools, attractions, medical services, hidden gems etc.
These little chunks of text should not be taken for granted. They provide you with a great opportunity to show off your area knowledge. When listing a property, add a bit of information about the area too.
● List significant amenities (such as schools, shopping centres and hospitals)
● Highlight distances
Syndicate your listings to major property portals and classifieds for added exposure.
Adding regular, unique content to your website is advised for SEO purposes, so why not use it as a way to further position yourself as an area specialist? Write about the latest happenings in your area, or the top 10 attractions. Showcase schools and local businesses
● Unique content is always best, but it can be time consuming. If you find the perfect article for your website from other sources, copy it but remember to include at least one or two paragraphs of your own. (Always give credit where credit is due.)
● Lists are very popular because they are easy to read and helpful. Add content pieces like: "Top 10 things to do in ______" or "5 Must-visit coffee shops in ______"
● Share your content on social media to drive more traffic to your website.
Use your listings in your news articles. Cover topics such as: "The 5 most popular properties in ______" or "A home in _____ to suit every budget".
Social media is a powerful tool that allows you to reach large amounts of people. It is a great space to show off your area knowledge. Facebook is a very popular platform that deserves a closer look.
Facebook really allows you to be creative with your content. Simply pasting your latest properties will not really aid in establishing you as an area specialist. Adding information about the area in a fun and engaging way will. Give your audience an in-depth view of the area. Promote local businesses and schools, post fun facts about the area, promote events and share news.
People follow brands on Facebook that provide them with great content. Constant self promotion will put people off and they will not engage with your content and as a result your reach will decline. Before posting any content on Facebook, ask yourself how it benefits your audience.
Some general tips:
● Link up to articles on your website to drive traffic
● Keep posts short and focussed
● Ask questions to promote engagement
● Spend some budget on promoting posts
● Spend some budget on promoting your page
● Make sure that you target your ads to ensure that relevant people see it
● "Like" relevant local pages and engage with their content
● When promoting your properties, try to do it as creatively as possible. Find an angle.
● Always adhere to the 20/80 rule (20% self promotion, 80% fun/useful)
Let's recap. A strong online presence along with a good content marketing strategy will help to position you as an area specialist. Use your website as a starting point and create content that will benefit your website visitors and show off your extensive knowledge of the area. Distribute your content on social media for even more exposure. Remember to add content regularly to keep your brand top of mind.