Getting traffic to your real estate website is essential, but if your website visitors are not converting into high quality leads it is vital to investigate why and remedy it as soon as possible. Without your website visitors converting, your online marketing efforts are in peril.
What is conversion rate?
Simply put, the conversion rate is the proportion of website visitors that take a desired action. In the context of your real estate website, this might be enquiring about a property, signing up for your newsletter, downloading a document, or anything that requires more than simple page browsing.
In internet marketing, conversion optimisation is the process of creating a better experience for a website visitor with the aim of increasing the likelihood of that visitor converting into a high quality lead. It is a systematic and structured approach that is informed by insights gained from both analytics and user feedback.
Why is conversion optimisation a good idea?
Conversion optimisation is all about taking existing traffic and making the most of it. In other words, through improving various aspects of your website, you can boost your conversion rate without spending much additional budget. Other reasons include:
- Regardless of how well your website is performing, there is always room for improvement. Conversion optimisation keeps you on your toes and ensures that you keep working at giving your website visitors a superior search experience.
- Conversion optimisation is about reaching those that truly matter to your brand. The right kind of customer will have no problem with telling all their friends about how great your real estate brand is.
- Conversion optimisation gives your website visitors exactly what they want, sooner. This ensures that they don't look for it elsewhere.
- It gives you a competitive advantage. If you can give your website visitors what they want faster and easier than your competitors, they are more likely to partner with you.
How to boost your conversion rate
A high conversion rate depends on various factors - from piquing the interest of website visitors to the ease the conversion process. Here are a few tips on how to improve your real estate website's conversion rate:
1) Improve website layout and usability
Your website's user-friendliness is a crucial factor when it comes to optimising conversion rate. Your website should be easy to use regardless of skill level.
- Ensure that property search can be done easily and effortlessly
- Make sure that the menu is easy to find and that sub-menu's are categorised in a way that makes sense
- Steer clear of flashy graphics that might distract prospective clients from the real reason why they are on your website
2) Provide contact information
Internet users are becoming increasingly cautious when it comes to using online services. Put their minds at ease by being transparent about your business details. Make sure that your contact details are easy to find and always up to date. Add your physical location (mapping it is even better), email address and phone number.
3) Quick conversion process
Ensuring a higher conversion rate means making the conversion process as quick and effortless as possible for prospective clients. If a website visitor fills out their details, be sure to ask only for the details that you will use. Lengthy forms might discourage website visitors from completing the desired action.
4) Include a clear call-to-action
If you want your audience to take a certain action, make it clear to them without annoying them with pop-ups and exit re-directs. These often frustrate browsers and will result in them clicking away. Make the call-to-action clear easy to find, but leave the choice to your website visitors.
5) Get social
The chances are very good that a big segment of your website visitors are registered on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or other social media platforms. If you have a presence on any of these platforms, provide links to your pages and profiles on your website. Generally speaking, consumers love social media and follow their favourite brands in this space. Be sure to provide them with helpful and entertaining information on a regular basis to keep your brand top of mind. When the time comes to convert into a lead, they will already know where to find you.
6) Add testimonials
Social proof is a great conversion rate driver. Showcase positive testimonials from past clients on your real estate website to illustrate to prospective clients that you are a great choice for their property needs.
8) Give more
Going directly for the hard sell might scare off some website visitors. Rather provide value for free in the form of quality listings, unique news articles, and area profiles. When the time comes to convert, they will be more likely to listen to your pitch and respond positively.
Quality listings with lots of interesting and relevant information about the property that cannot be found anywhere else, is sure to help boost conversion rate. Pay special attention to:
- Photographs: Opt for a minimum of 8 to give visitors an accurate idea of what the property looks like.
- Descriptions: Provide a well written and in-depth descriptive description of no less than 250 characters.
- Mapping: A mapped listing will provide prospective clients with an idea of the neighbourhood, the surrounding infrastructure and amenities in close proximity.
- Virtual Tours: Provide prospective clients with a virtual stroll through the property and make them feel like they've actually been there.
- Youtube Video: Similar to virtual tours, videos allow viewers to have a look around the property and its surrounds. Additional sound also allows you to convey further information.
- Agent Photo: This enables visitors to put a face and a real person to a listing and company and ensures a more personal interaction.
The news section on your real estate website allows you to really add value to the lives of your website visitors. Here you can debunk common real estate myths, write about relevant property news in your area, answer frequently asked questions or provide useful tips and tricks. Be sure to keep it unique to ensure that you provide your website visitors with content that cannot be found anywhere else.
*Include a call-to-action where possible.
Be an area specialist and provide your website visitors with unique information about the area that they want to invest in. Simply copying and pasting from Wikipedia will not cut it. Focus on hidden gems in your area and put your own creative spin on why it's a great idea to invest in this area.
*Include a call-to-action such as: "To learn more about properties in this booming area, give our area specialist a call"
All Prop Data Real Estate website clients receive a monthly insights report that analyses the website's performance for the month. In this report, there is a conversion optimisation analysis that provides useful suggestions on how to improve conversion rate. If you need help with anything on this report, or you would like to sign up with us, please let us know.