What is a social media bio?
A social media bio is a field on your social media platform where you get to tell your audience about yourself. Writing a good social media bio can be somewhat tricky, but below are some tips and guidelines to help you out. The term 'social media bio' will be used as a collective term in this post, but each social media platform has a different naming convention.
• Facebook: Short description
• Twitter: Bio
• Google+: Tagline
• LinkedIn: About us
Finding property and Real Estate agencies in a specific area has never been easier. Typing a few keywords in to Google will present a browser with numerous options. It is vital to ensure that these browsers can find you and that you capture their attention with a great content and a great social bio (social bio's are indexed by Google).
Your social media bio acts as an introduction and provides potential clients with some insight about you and your business. A badly written bio can have a negative effect on how potential clients perceive you and your business and in some cases might even result in them losing interest in you before even having a real conversation with you.
1) Keep it concise
You only have a few words to convince a potential client that you are the best agency for the job.
• Your social media bio needs to be brief, but comprehensive
• Focus on what you do rather than who you are. Follow the "show, don't tell" principle of writing.
• Use action verbs like "assisted" or "succeeded" to give your bio more power and to show off your skills and achievements. Here's a list of action verbs to get you started.
2) Show results
Presenting your client with information about what your Real Estate Agency has to offer is great, but showing them evidence that you are not just talk is even better.
• Be specific about your skills and achievements (How many properties have you sold to date? How long do you take on average to secure a sale?)
• Some social media platforms allow you to write longer pieces, use this to your advantage by posting what your clients say about you.
• Facebook has a long description field in the about section that is perfect for adding more information about your approach, experience, services etc.
3) Be honest
If potential clients find you on social media, they already have a good idea of how social media works. They know exactly where to complain if you don't deliver on your promises and they will probably flood your wall with even more complaints. This might scare off new clients and put the integrity of your brand in danger. Avoid this situation completely by not making promises that you cannot commit to.
4) Use keywords
From an SEO point of view, to find your social media account it is necessary to have a good social media bio. Your page name, URL and bio are taken into account by search engines.
• Avoid being too general and vague
• Identify exactly what you're an expert at and use these keywords in your social media bio
• If you are a rental Agency in Hermanus, include words like "rental" "real estate" "property" and "Hermanus" in your bio
5) Link back to your website
The fact that someone is taking the time to read your bio means that they are interested in Real Estate in some form. Adding your website URL has some great benefits, it allows you to:
• drive more traffic to your website
• link more people to your content and services
• increase brand exposure
Most social media platforms have a dedicated field for your website URL. Make sure that this information is as visual as possible. If it doesn't show up on your main page, include it in the body of your bio.
6) Always proofread
This cannot be stressed enough. A good social media bio should be free from spelling and grammar errors as it looks unprofessional and sloppy. Do a thorough check before posting the final version of your bio.
Let's recap. Your social media bio is an important part of your online marketing plan. It should be concise and it should convince your target audience that they need to use your services. Focus on what you can offer rather than who you are.