Content marketing allows you to turn potential clients into high quality leads without the hard sell. It is a gradual process that starts with creating great content that is informative and adds value. By adding value to the lives of your potential clients, you are slowly but surely gaining their trust and persuading them to make use of your services.
Still not convinced that content marketing is necessary for your real estate business? Here are 10 reasons why you should consider it.
1) It positions you as a property specialist
Content marketing is an effective way of illustrating to your audience that you are an expert in your field. By providing them with regular, helpful content (in the form of news articles, blog posts, social media posts, email newsletters etc), you are continuously reaffirming the idea that you are an expert on all things property.
2) It's cost effective
Compared to most other forms of marketing, content marketing is relatively cheap. The biggest expense that you will face is that of time and effort. Constructing and maintaining a content marketing plan requires a fair amount of time and effort, but the rewards are endless.
3) It helps to build relationships
Content marketing allows you to build valuable and lasting relationships with your audience. The various types of content marketing (such as email newsletters, social media and on site content) gives you an opportunity to start a conversation with your audience.
• Your audience is more likely to start trusting you if you provide them with valuable content as well as valuable feedback
• Make it easy for your audience to ask you questions and respond to them in a timely manner
• A relationship built on trust will aid in potential clients converting into high quality leads
4) It positions you as a helpful resource
Content marketing gives you an opportunity to be seen as a helpful resource that people can trust.
• During the property hunting process, your audience goes through a long process of researching. Give them a reason to never leave your website by providing them with tons of articles that answer all their property related questions.
• It is likely that your audience will visit social media platforms to see what others are saying about you. If you have negative comments on your social media pages, don't remove them. Tackle the issue in a helpful manner and try to find a solution. If people ask you questions, be sure to answer them as soon as you can. This will show your audience that you are there to help them, no matter what.
• If you're not providing useful information, you are missing out on a great opportunity to gain credibility and persuade potential clients to make use of your services at an early stage.
5) It enhances your brand image
Content marketing can make or break your brand image. Regular, useful content on your website and social media platforms will ensure a positive experience for your audience and will ultimately build trust in your brand. Ask yourself how you want your audience to perceive your brand and develop a content strategy around that.
• Come up with a checklist to run through before publishing content to ensure that each piece of content is up to scratch.
6) It helps you to find those with real interest in your business
Content marketing allows you to reach those who are still in the early stages of the buying process. Providing this audience segment with great content will slowly but surely convince them (in a very subtle way) that you are the best agency to represent them. When they are ready to convert into high quality leads, they will already have real interest in your business.
7) It helps to grow a long-term audience
A long-term audience is a great asset. Content marketing allows you to stay in touch with your clients even after they've made use of your services. Touching base regularly will ensure that your brand stays top of mind and that your past clients make use of your services in future. In addition they might also share your content with their friends and family.
Remember: each piece of content is a new opportunity to hook new clients and grow your long-term audience. A bigger long-term audience means a bigger base of people willing to share your content.
8) It creates informed clients
Content marketing will create informed clients who will in turn reward you with their business. Your potential clients will be knowledgeable about your services before contacting you, so ensure that you are the one doing the teaching.
• Content marketing gives you an opportunity to teach and train your clients about how to get the most out of your products and services. If they know exactly how the buying or selling process works, they will have realistic expectations and a much better experience.
9) Content can be recycled
One of the best things about content marketing is that you can recycle your content. An informative blog post can be transformed into a video, infographic, checklist or even form part of an email newsletter. There are no limits. With a bit of creativity and effort, your content can go a long way.
10) It helps you to understand your audience better
Content marketing allows you to understand and identify the needs of your clients. Knowing exactly what they are after will allow you to create an effective content marketing strategy. Make sure that you have some way of tracking stats on all your content pieces.
• Experiment with different types of content on social media platforms to see what types of content are more likely to be shared and commented on
• Ask your audience what they would like to read about
• Look at what people are asking and create content around that
Let's recap. Content marketing allows you to reach relevant people and form strong, lasting relationships with them. Valuable content educates your audience and builds trust in your brand. Content marketing is an effective way of reaching those who are still in the early stages of the buying process. Slowly but surely, you can influence their choice of agency by providing them with questions to their answers. The more they trust you, the more likely they are to make use of your services when they decide to convert into high quality leads. Be sure to take full advantage of content marketing and enjoy these great benefits.